[Mediawiki-l] How do we confirm any time locks between edits on MediaWiki.org?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Wed May 30 12:17:59 UTC 2007

> Gary wrote: ... What? ... I have tried and
> I experienced no such restriction ...

Peter Blaise responds: Thanks for checkin', Gary.

What happens for me is that I just get returned to an empty editing
screen when I try any second edit too soon after a previous edit.  And
it's not for subsequent edits to one page, it's for subsequent edits
even to unrelated pages anywhere within MediaWiki.org.  It's to the
point now where I don't even visit MediaWiki.org but once a day even
though I'm in intense MediaWiki development and I need the resources,
and I am supplied with many, many links to MediaWiki.org from many
people who want me to check them out (including links from within
mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org).  After my first contribution to
MediaWiki.org each day, I seem to be locked out.

Does this seem intentional and settable on someone's part, someone who
wants to preemptively "calm me down"?  ("I will NOT calm down!" - as
spoken by the character Larry, Dharma's father, on the "Dharma and Greg"
TV show).

-- Peter Blaise or 151.207.242.4