[Mediawiki-l] mysqldump

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sun May 13 18:28:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I try to save my db with mysqldump. Man mysqldump says:
 "shell> mysqldump db_name > backup-file.sql".

So I wrote:
">mysqldump wikidb > /home/klaus/backup.sql"   or
">mysqldump wikidb > backup.sql"

I get again "->", but nothing happens and I don't find "backup.sql".

What's wrong ?

If I try the same command in phpmyadmin, I get:
"Error
SQL query:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'mysqldump wikidb > /home/klaus/backup.sql' at line 1".

cheers
Klaus