[Mediawiki-l] Moving the wiki

David_S_Green at Dell.com David_S_Green at Dell.com
Fri May 4 15:33:19 UTC 2007

All,

I know there is an extensive section on MediaWiki.org about moving a
wiki to a new server, but I have hit a wall.

I have the wiki running (used the same version to create a new instance
on the new server), I copied over my images, localsettings.php,
adminsetting.php, etc), I made a backup (dump) of the original database
using mysqldump, and finally I re-imported the database to the new
location using the same tool. However, my wiki is not showing ANY of the
data from the original instance of the wiki. The only thing I have is my
wiki logo in the upper left hand corner.

Did I miss a step somewhere? Has anyone had any experience moving to a
new server?

Thanks,

Dave