[Mediawiki-l] weather

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri May 4 05:24:45 UTC 2007

> On 04/05/07, Joe Lloyd <jlloyd182 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a question, if you type in "auckland weather" in google it
>> gives you
>> the 5 day forcast before any webpage searches.  Are there any
>> addons that
>> can access that information to put on a wiki?

Here's what I put in a simple extension. Of course, it's hard-coded
for my locale, but you could easily parameterize it.

		<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="wxButtonFrame"
id="wxButtonFrame" height="90" src="http://btn.weather.ca/
weatherbutton/template1.php?
placeCode=CABC0110&category0=Cities&containerWidth=234&
btnNo=4002&backgroundColor=clouds&multipleCity=0&citySearch=0&celsiusF=C
" align="top" frameborder="0" width="234" scrolling="no"></iframe>

:::: Quite clearly, our task is predominantly metaphysical, for it is
how to get all of humanity to educate itself swiftly enough to
generate spontaneous behaviors that will avoid extinction. -- R.
Buckminster Fuller, _Synergetics_ ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::