[Mediawiki-l] Info Boxes

admin at pubswiki.co.uk admin at pubswiki.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 16:10:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to implement some info boxes on my wiki, however i'm experienceing a
number of problems when trying to use IF statements.  Basically i only want a
field to be displayed if there is a value for it.

If i use the following code:

|- style="vertical-align: top;"
|'''Postcode'''||{{{postcode}}}

and don't enter a value for postcode then the Postcode still displays, however if
I use this code:

|- style="vertical-align: top;"
|'''Postcode'''|{{{postcode}}}

then only the values are posted without the Postcode description.

I have looked at documentation/examples of using IF's on mediawiki, however I
just get a number of errors when using {{#if: does anyone have any ideas? Or easy
fixes?  Am i missing an important template?

Cheers
Tom