[Mediawiki-l] How to create Sidebar link with &variable=val ?

Maarten maartenvd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:42:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'd like the Sidebar on my wiki to include a link to a list of the newest 10
pages in a custom namespace (name space #100).

The URL I want to end up with is:
> http://mydomain.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Newpages&namespace=100

Solutions that don't work:
> [[Special:Newpages|namespace=100]]|New pages in Foo
> Special:Newpages&namespace=100|New pages in Foo

Someone suggested setting the Sidebar entry to:
> Newstuff-url|New pages in Foo

And creating [[Mediawiki:Newstuff-url]] to contain
> {{localurl:Special:Newpages|namespace=100}}

But the template expands so that the resulting URL in the sidebar has two
copies of "/wiki/index.php?title=":
http://mydomain.com/wiki/index.php?title=/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Newpages&namespace=100

What's the right solution? Thanks in advance!

/Maarten.

(I'm running MediaWiki 1.9.3)