[Mediawiki-l] Three Letter Searches with MediaWiki

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 03:08:55 UTC 2007

I want to be able to do a fulltext search for three (3)-character words in MediaWiki.  I am on mysql 4.1.20 and MediaWiki 1.9.1.  Here are the basic steps I followed, but it still doesn't work:

  1. edited /etc/my.cnf and added ft_min_word_len=3 to [mysqld] section.
  2. ran php maintenance/updateSearchIndex.php.
  3. edited LocalSettings.php added: $wgDBmysql4 = $wgEnablePersistentLC = true;
  4. restarted mysqld and httpd.

Any help will be appreciated.

Shannon