[Mediawiki-l] A very short url and the ampersand

Vernon Thommeret synotic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:59:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using the very short url method (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Using_a_very_short_URL) and, overall, it seems to work. However, any
article that uses an ampersand doesn't work. E.g., for an article
like "First & Last Tavern", MediaWiki interprets it as "First ". The
link shows up as:

http://. . ./First_%26_Last_Tavern

With Wikipedia, it interprets ampersands correctly, and it doesn't
change to %26 in the url. I tested another wiki, which I think uses
the same method and it also has the problem of the truncating
ampersand, but it doesn't convert the & to %26. Hrm. How can I fix
this problem?

Thanks!

Vernon