[Mediawiki-l] Looking for MW Business Users

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:59:18 UTC 2007

To answer the original question - there is indeed a private list for
businesses and developers wishing to discuss MediaWiki in enterprise
with a view to actually contributing time and or money to such efforts
- I believe. It may be mediawiki-enterprise-l but I don't know;
contact Erik Möller for details.

On 29/06/07, Jack Eapen C <jackec at suntecgroup.com> wrote:

> I hope (and I can only hope) somebody will come up with features that
> make MW a natural choice in business wikis as well. As Dave pointed out,
> an inbuilt WYSWYG editor is everyone's dream. Other than that, I think a
> wiki administrator would like to have built in features in MW as:
>
> Different authentication mechanisms like LDAP, NTLM
> UI for creating users, groups and assigning users to groups
> UI for creating categories and assigning categories to articles
> UI-based access control mechanism based on article categories/user
> groups and usernames
> Review mechanism if needed
> Rating of articles
>

> Regards,
>
> Jack
> "Techies are like stars--they rise and set, they have the worship of the
> world, but no repose"

Gary Kirk