[Mediawiki-l] Installation issue: where to find a mysql.so (dtabase driver) module?

Michael 'Smoerble' Stock smoerble at smoerble.de
Sat Jun 23 00:37:48 UTC 2007

Hi all.
I want to create an installation on a windows2003 server. PHP 5 is installed
and mySQL is installed.

I get the following error from the installation script:
-----------------
Checking environment...
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

  a.. PHP 5.2.3 installed
  Could not find a suitable database driver!
    a.. For MySQL, compile PHP using --with-mysql, or install the mysql.so
module
    b.. For PostgreSQL, compile PHP using --with-pgsql, or install the
pgsql.so module
I don't find any tutorial that talks about this issue. The error appears
even before I can choose a database or login (as it says: the whole driver
is missing).

What do I need to do?
Thanks
Smo