[Mediawiki-l] Using search for a 3 letter word

Hugo Miguel de Almeida Teixeira Picao hugo.picao at link.pt
Fri Jun 22 14:29:09 UTC 2007

Hi Peter,

Yeah, the example is on linux (and i've tried this on mysql v5 only) that's why it's a "my.cnf". If it's in windows it should be "my.ini" indeed.

For the rebuildtextindex.php to work you need to rename AdminSettings.sample to AdminSettings.php (if it's not already) and configure a mysql power user there so it can makes the changes needed.

And if you change anything on the my.ini, yes you need to restart the service for it to "see it".

Best Regards,

Hugo Picão