[Mediawiki-l] Using search for a 3 letter word

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Fri Jun 22 12:57:04 UTC 2007

> Hugo wrote: It's a limitation on mysql
> nothing to do with MediaWiki. Change
> your 'my.cnf' file to contain at least the
> following:
>   [mysqld]
>   ft_min_word_len=2
>   [myisamchk]
>   ft_min_word_len=2
> and then even 2-character words should
> be searchable.  Once you change this
> parameter, you need to rebuild the text
> index by running maintenance/rebuildtextindex.php

Peter Blaise responds:  Thanks, Hugo!  But, MySQL v5 has a "my.ini" not
a "my.cnf".  Same?  Anyway, I put those 4 lines into "my.ini".  But, I
then get the typical "can't do that here" challenges.  Is it as simple
as supplying a MySQL "root" name and password on the input of the
command line or elsewhere?  Here's what happens:

(Input)
C:\www\apache2\htdocs\mediawiki\maintenance> php rebuildtextindex.php
[Enter]

(Result)
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: wgDBadminuser in
C:\www\apache2\htdocs\mediawik
i\maintenance\rebuildtextindex.php on line 15

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: wgDBadminpassword in
C:\www\apache2\htdocs\medi
awiki\maintenance\rebuildtextindex.php on line 15

DB connection error: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using
password:
NO) (localhost)

... can I just put the MySQL user and password hard-wired into the
"rebuildtextindex.php" script and try again, or what?  Does MySQL need
an off/on cycle to see the changes?

Here's line 15, by the way:

$database = Database::newFromParams( $wgDBserver, $wgDBadminuser,
$wgDBadminpassword, $wgDBname );

Thanks!  -- Peter Blaise