[Mediawiki-l] Extension manager

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 04:29:33 UTC 2007

The problem that I see with this is that the extension manager then
becomes the extension class.  I think that they should remain separate
so that all of the extensions right now can exist and work with the
extension manager, and all future extensions which are based on an
extension class would still work with the extension manager.  I don't
really see the advantage to combining them.

Kasimir

On 6/9/07, Michael Daly <michaeldaly at kayakwiki.org> wrote:
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>
> > How about a single line in LocalSettings.php that includes a "don't
> > touch me" file that is maintained only via the ExtensionManager?
>
> Rather than mucking about excessively with LocalSettings.php and global
> variables, consider using a more object-oriented approach and taking
> advantage of Wiki.php.  It's there to help eliminate globals but isn't
> used much yet.  If ExtensionManager is a proper class, you could have
> Wiki.php instantiate a singleton and have it handle _all_ extension
> stuff (including burying things like $wgAutoloadClasses, $wgSpecialPages
> and $wgHooks handling for extensions) as well.
>
> Mike

Kasimir Gabert