[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Thu Jun 7 00:17:21 UTC 2007

Monahon, Peter B. wrote:
> Anybody else?  Where are you coming from and going to with your
> MediaWiki experience?

I just now started a page to document MediaWiki user interface
customization. You can help write this page:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interface

MediaWiki is a Web application for running on a webserver. A highly
dedicated pudding headed amateur sysadmin such as myself can install
and run it on a commercial virtual web hasting account but not without
considerable time on task learning how. Because I do, and in doing rely
on this email list and on mediawiki.org documentation, I also
contribute to this list and that documentation when I can.

MediaWiki is not easy to install and run like Quicken or Word Perfect
are. MediaWiki *is* easyish to *use* as a wiki author, as a web
application. In the web application paradigm the user is not the
sysadmin. All the user needs is a web browser.

Thanks,
--
Roger Chrisman  :-)
http://Wikigogy.org -- English teaching materials