[Mediawiki-l] Extension idea

Leonardo de Oliveira Costa lleoliveirabr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:37:29 UTC 2007

Hi all,
For months i'm trying to catalog all my city , that it's not big. To
catalog the city (Companys, public places, Houses to sell and rent)  i'm
using mediawiki that in my opinion is the best in my case. Looking
extensions that could help me in my task i didn't find nothing specific
for this. My idea will be have an easy way to add information in a
window with pre-definied fields. This could be something like what
www.wikicompany.org did. Example:
http://wikicompany.org/wiki/Special:WCPublish
 And when saved could appear in a Map, to add the map script i think
could be used www.openlayers.org that can use sources of maps from
google, nasa, microsoft, yahoo and..
seeing Semantic mediawiki i think this could be great to have some
categorization  when filter results to appear in Map. I think could have
advanced filter mechanism.
Example: if I select House to sell and select 2 bedrooms, i'll see all
houses to sell with 2 bedrooms. If i select Company, select kind:
Supermarket and city: New york, i'll see all supermarkets located in new
york. But if i let city field blank, i'll see all supermarket that exist
on database.
I don't know develop, but if someone would like to help me with this.
I'll be helpful. Really would like this.