[Mediawiki-l] importImages.php thinks that files already exist

Emanuele D'Arrigo manu3d at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 09:43:10 UTC 2007

On 7/28/07, Agon S. Buchholz <asb at kefk.net> wrote:
> So the question was simply, how to bypass the
> do-the-files-exist-checking in importImages.php; this should be very
> simple since the script is quite well documented, but it takes some
> understanding of PHP, what most stupidly I don't have.

If you remove these lines from importImages.php

if( !$image->exists() ) {

(....code, code code...)

} else {
  echo( "{$base} could not be imported; a file with this name exists in the
wiki\n" );
}

the check won't happen. I'm not quite sure if this has
drawbacks though. For example, a normal upload of
an image stores a new version of the image without
overwriting the previous version, on MW nor on the
filesystem. As this particular script check for the file's
existence on MW, I'm wondering if proceeding without
a check will cause problems.

Hope it helps.

Ciao!

Manu