[Mediawiki-l] Use Special:UserLogin as Main Page

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:34:35 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, Jason Spirko <jspirko at xorantech.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to display the login page when a user accesses your wiki.
> For
> example, when somebody goes to http://yourwiki.com they are forwarded to
> the
> main page (http://yourwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page). Is there a way to
> display the page http://yourwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin
> instead of the main page? I want my users to login first before seeing
> anything.

The page title in MediaWiki:Mainpage will be set as the main page, so you
can put Special:Userlogin there.  This won't actually force people to log
in, though: It'll just prompt them to if they visit yourwiki.com.  If you
want to force people to log in before they can see anything, take a look at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access

--
Arr, ye emus, http://emufarmers.com