[Mediawiki-l] Redirection Help

Cynthia Blue tiptailer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:32:04 UTC 2007

I am trying to get my redirect working so I have the short URLs and not the
long ones with the index.php?= included.

I'm trying to use the mod_rewrite but I'm having problems when I create a
subdomain.

I want to use wiki.utahdogs.com as the main URL for the wiki. When I create
the subdomain on my host (shared), it messes up my main domain url.

The wiki address works like this:
http://www.utahdogs.com/wiki/
When I use the directory as a subdir in the URL. But if you put in
wiki.utahdogs.com, I get a mess. (it keeps repeating /wiki/wiki/wiki/...
after the domain.)

My rewrite rules in my .htaccess are as follows:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^wiki/(.*) wiki/index.php?title=$1 [PT,L,QSA]

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to
leave the site broken for a little bit until I can get some help with this.

The main domain is www.utahdogs.com

And if you look at that page, images and css are not showing up. Because the
url to the host itself, http://box83.bluehost.com/~utahdogs/, seems to
pointing to the wiki subdirectory... I am not sure why. This only happens
when I have wiki created as a subdomain.

Thanks for any help!
Cynthia

--
http://www.collierescueut.org/
Elsinore Lucilla Aurelius ASCA-CD RA CGC