[Mediawiki-l] importDump.php and {{SERVER}} - Solved (almost)

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Mon Jul 16 17:51:47 UTC 2007

I really should have just tried it before posting.

On Jul 16, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Jim Hu wrote:
<snip>
> - setting $wgServer will work, but only if I set it somewhere where
> it won't be reset to localhost by importDump. i.e. I should set it in
> AdminSettings.php?

This worked!  I put $wgServer = 'ecoliwiki.org' in AdminSettings.php,
and now the link shows up correctly.  I'm thinking perhaps this
should be put into the sample file?

> - {{SERVER}} will get confused either way if I have different URLs
> pointing to the same wiki?  In my case, I have ecoliwiki.org,
> ecoliwiki.net, and ecoliwiki.com.  To fix this, I should do some
> rewrite rules.

As predicted, it shows as .org even if I access the site as .net.
Editing in .net changes the link to .org, even if I view from .org.
So... off to learn more about mod rewrite!

JH