[Mediawiki-l] Skinning Guidelines

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Sun Jul 15 08:43:49 UTC 2007

>> 3) Is there perhaps an existing skin with a more transparent design I
>> might use for study and modification?
>
> I've recently started creating my own skin, and went through MonoBook,
> labeling the respective PHP parts with their respective function.
> If you're interested, I could send that to you

I've created a page outlining the basic structure of a typical MediaWiki
skin file:
     http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skinning
It's not perfect (and the code listed there is partly untested), but I
hope it will help you get started - and also serve as a reference for
myself.

Corrections and improvements are of course welcome...

-- F.