[Mediawiki-l] Problem with custom namespace: Using special characters

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 14:11:07 UTC 2007

Sorry I made a typo: they asked us to use & for & (not $amp;, which was the typo I made). The directions for using & can be found here:
  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Custom_namespaces
  So that would be Me&You

  I've tried filling in the name as [[MediaWiki:Nstab-Me&You]], but it didnt work. In summary again, when defining the namespace in the following way:
  Me&You - it comes out OK everywhere except the database table (mw_page) puts the namespace number as 0 (and not as 100+ as it should be)
  Me&You: works ok everywhere, except the "article" tab comes out messed up the N-stab stuff.

  thanks!
  Eric