[Mediawiki-l] Installing Mediawiki at 1and1

rex rex at nosyntax.com
Tue Apr 24 17:20:12 UTC 2007

I'm moving a wiki from one of my systems to 1and1.com. A number of
people have successfully installed Mediawiki there, so it's possible.

1) I uploaded and untarred Mediawiki 1.9.3.

2) I created .htaccess in the top-level wiki directory containing the line:
   AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
   (added because 1and1 uses PHP4 by default)

4) Clicking on http://mydomain.com/mywiki/config

    * PHP 5.2.1 installed
    * Found database drivers for: MySQL
    * PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP's memory_limit is 40M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Couldn't find Turck MMCache, eAccelerator or APC. Object caching functions cannot be used.
    * GNU diff3 not found.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory: /homepages/123/d123456/htdocs/fbwiki
    * Script URI path: /fbwiki
    * Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.

Filling in the fields and clicking on 'Install Mediawiki!' results in:

  Generating configuration file...
# Database type: MySQL
# Attempting to connect to database server as dbo123456...success.
# Connected to 4.0.27-standard-log
# Database db123456 exists
# There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates are needed...

[...]

Deleting old default messages...A database query syntax error has occurred.
The last attempted database query was:
"(SQL query hidden)"
from within function "RecentChange::save".
MySQL returned error "1048: Column 'rc_id' cannot be null (db123.perfora.net)"

The MySQL database was exported from a machine running MySQL 5.0.18
using the command:

mysqldump -u root -pxxxx --compatible=mysql40 wikidb > dumpfile.sql

The '--compatible=mysql40' argument is necessary because 1and1 uses
MySQL 4.x

Any hints on fixing this error would be appreciated. 1and1 has
phpMyAdmin installed, and I can also interact with the database via
MySQL commands from the shell command line.

Thanks,

-rex
--
"We are too soon old, and too late smart."