[Mediawiki-l] Problems moving a wiki from Windows XP to Suse Linux

a. cremer albert.cremer at online.de
Tue Apr 24 18:16:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried to move a wiki  from an XP to an Linux platform.

To get used to the concept I started with an intermediate step, namely
moving the wiki from one XP platform to another (see table below).

      Platform

      #
     PHP version
     Mediawiki version
     MySQL version
     Operating system

     5.2
     1.91
     5.0.11
     Windos XP professional

     5.2
     1.93
     5.0.11
     Windos XP professional

     5.2
     1.93
     5.?
     Suse Linux 10.2

That is what I did converting from on XP to another (#A to #B).

  1.. dump database of initial wiki
  2.. dump mediawiki files 1.91 on old XP system
  3.. import old database into mysql on new XP
  4.. configure mediawiki 1.93 on new system using imported database
  5.. move LocalSettings.php from config directory to Base directory of 1.93
version
  6.. successfully test 1.93 version (of course without certain
functionality of former 1.91 version)
  7.. copy all 1.91 files into base directory of 1.93 version. Finished. It
works

When converting from XP 1.91 version to Linux Version (#A to #C) I did
exactly the same following steps 1-6.

Unfortunately step 7. did not work.

The result was that there was no result at all, just a blank page ;-(

When I compared the 1.93 LocalSettings.php with the 1.91 version there was a
difference between these three lines

$wgScriptPath       = "";

$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";

$wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";

When I deleted these lines the 1.93 Linux wiki started with the 1.91
LocalSettings.php file but lacked some functionality, e. g. no personalized
logo, no access to pages that use templates, some bad formatting.

Does anyone know where the problem might be?

Kind regards

A. Cremer

P. S.

I hope I did not confuse anybody with to much 1.91s and 1.93s