[Mediawiki-l] admin update of names and email address

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Fri Apr 20 14:54:11 UTC 2007

Folks,

My mediawiki (1.6.10) is setup with custom LDAP modules to allow our company's domain controller to validate user login password authentication. This is very nice because the wiki is for internal use only and my users don't have the hassle of having to register with the wiki. They can just log on and use it. Unfortunately, the wiki does not know their Real Names and email address (which I can fetch very easily)

My question is:
If I (as the wikidb/site admin) know all the real names and email address of my company's users, how can I update their wiki user profiles directly? -- saving them the hassle.

thanks in advance
- rich (revansx)