[Mediawiki-l] Can data from individual pages be merged?

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C] sullivan at mail.nih.gov
Fri Apr 20 12:09:10 UTC 2007

One of our wiki users is using a template that has a table where values
for items in the table are placed.  So, for example, the template has
the demographics of each state in the US.  Then 50 wiki pages are
created calling the template and each page has the variables described
by the template defined, such as capital city, population, size, etc.
Now, what this user would like to do is merge say just the capital city
information from all 50 pages into one single page.  I'm certain this is
possible with SQL routines to extract the data directly from the
database but I was wondering if Mediawiki has a way, or extension,
allowing the variables defined by a template used for multiple pages to
be retrieved through the wiki itself.

Thanks for racking your brain...
-Jim