[Mediawiki-l] What Wiki are we each working on?

dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de
Wed Apr 11 17:23:53 UTC 2007

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Monahon, Peter B. [mailto:Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV]
>Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 08:41 AM
>To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>Subject: [Mediawiki-l] What Wiki are we each working on?

Our Wiki is a documentation system/knowledge database for the corporate it and slowly evolving  into a full-fledged QA-system as well as a tool to manage projects distributed among several locations.
Since we`re very 'near-government' and working in the 'public healthcare' sector, it`s a closed one.

Current setup is:
    * MediaWiki: Version 1.9
    * Dynamic Pagelists 2
    * Pdf-Export using htmldoc 1.9
    * Category Tree
    * Page Security for MW 1.9
    * SectionTransclusion
    * WikiFolder (custom ext to include directories from servers.)

Current experiments:
    * getting pybot to work (grumpf...)
    * htdig as second search engine for wiki and wikifolder based content
      (especially phoneme/fuzzy/wildcard search)
    * WysiWyg

Reasons to choose MW:
    * Whiteboard character
    * very good category and template system (oh, and nice skins, too :)
    * extremely stable
    * intuitive markup (for those getting used to it :)
    * quite easely extendable (foreign/own exts)
    * 'you know wikipedia? - well, we use the same software' :):)

best regards,
dwe