[Mediawiki-l] Status of wysiwyg editors for mw1.9?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Wed Apr 11 11:52:55 UTC 2007

> Subject: Status of wysiwyg editors for mw1.9?
> dirk wrote: ... does someone know the status/
> plans for 'real' wysiwyg editors included in
> mediawiki? ... Wikiwyg ... FCKEditor... Mozile ...

Plan B: I cut and paste the page back and forth with my own text editor.
Word2Wiki
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLD_en_
__US215&q=Word2Wiki
seems effective as a macro to prep Word documents for pasting into
MediaWiki articles.

So on the one hand, I'm also looking for a WYSIWYG Wiki editor INSIDE my
Wiki.  Yet, I use Google spell check whenever I'm about to [Save] a
MediaWiki page anyway ... wait a minute: maybe Google or some other free
toolbar maker can include a Wiki-check along with spell-check?  In other
words, if we think outside the box ...  hello, Google?!?

My Wiki NEEDS copious links and they're not going to be the simple
[[link name]] - so a WYSIWYG Wiki would be nice, very nice.  Anything to
avoid hand-coding, especially for admins, let alone non-coding users!

 - Peter Blaise