[Mediawiki-l] templates

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Tue Apr 3 06:14:05 UTC 2007

They may be copied from Wikipedia, together with the template/doc provided Wikipedia is credited with under the GNU Free Documentation License. The <noinclude> section is the best place to put that credit. When you edit a Wikipedia page which uses a template, at the bottom you will see the templates listed. Click on them and you will go to their page. If the template is transcluded from a /doc you will need to import the /doc too.

This is not easy and requires a great deal of sophistication. I have been trying with limited success for several weeks to duplicate Wikipedia templates. There is at least one extension you will need to install: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ParserFunctions  Perhaps more. As I say, at this point I fail, see http://www.internet-encyclopedia.org/index.php/Uzbekistan

I would appreciate a bit of help on this, also.

Fred