[Mediawiki-l] mailing list floods --> can't we have a wiki with E-mail notification ?

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Fri Feb 18 21:26:41 UTC 2005

Brion, help.
There are too many mails around - I cannot track them any longer.

May I propose to you: can't you set up wikis for mediawiki-l and
wikitech-l ***with e-mail notification*** ?

Newcomers could post their questions onto the wiki, developers could
answer, and whole message threads including solutions and patches would
stay together and would be better to maintain.

Of course, an installation with a working e-mail notification would
support the communication with much lower mail transfer (remember, only
_one_ e-mail is sent out for a watched page, until the watching user
re-visits the watched page - can be weeks later).

Perhaps: the both wikis only writeable for users who have registered
with one of the mailing lists

I propose my current en201+mw1.3.10 from
http://meta.wikipedia.org/Enotif to be installed on something like
wikitech.wikipedia.org or even

Or be courageous and start trying it on meta.wikimedia.org .

Good or bad idea ?
Tom