[Mediawiki-l] Regarding delay

N. Mourtos nmourtos at rogers.com
Wed Nov 3 14:19:46 UTC 2004

Don't know if this helps much but I just logged the current apache ps while
clicking some links in mediawiki. These are VERY unsually high CPU % yields.
Usually any process apache runs takes up 2% of the CPU for maybe a fraction
of a second. I have only clicked 3 links over 40 seconds so these numbers
are quite startling to me. I just used

Email:~# top d 1 p 15355 b S > stats
You can look at the stats nicely with a simple :

Email:~#: cat stats| grep apache
The stats file is available at http://nerdinside.net/stats
This will show the CPU% taken up by the process, its the 4th column from the
right.
I am leaning towards the conclusion that my box is way too slow for this
engine, yet I don't know why.