[Mediawiki-api] exporting certain revisions of a page

Randomcoder randomcoder1 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:05:44 UTC 2009

Hello

I'm trying to use the Special:Export to export certain revisions of files.
I've tried the code written in these pages
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:Parameters_to_Special:Export
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export
It seems I can only get either the most current one , or all of the
revisions.
I need to take exactly some particular set of consecutive revisions
starting from a date or an id number.
Is that possible ?

I've also taken a look at the page here describing the API of mediawiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php

  export         - Export the current revisions of all given or
generated pages
  exportnowrap   - Return the export XML without wrapping it in an XML
result (same format as Special:Export). Can only be used with export

This seems to again emphasize that it's not possible.
Is this true , it's not possible to get to some particular revisions
inside an article through the API ?

Thank you,
Stefan