[Mediawiki-api] wikipedia 147GB dump

randomcoder1 at gmail.com randomcoder1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 11:54:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get a hold of the wikipedia dump , in particular
enwiki-latest-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2
It seems that on the page where it's supposed to be
(http://download.wikipedia.org/enwiki/latest/) it's weighing at 0.6KB
whereas I was used for it to be 147GB
What happened to the data and where did it went ?
Also , on the wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_database ) page I read
"As of January 17 </wiki/January_17>, 2009 </wiki/2009>, it seems that
all snapshots of pages-meta-history.xml.7z hosted
at http://download.wikipedia.org/enwiki/ are missing. The developers at
Wikimedia Foundation are working to address this issue
(http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2009-January/040841.html).
There are other ways to obtain this file"

I checked the other ways of obtaining the file that they describe , none
worked.
Why did the dumps vanished and how can I download a copy of them ?

Thank you