[Mediawiki-api] Random idea

Ian Cabell ian.cabell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 14:28:20 UTC 2008

I don't know if others run in to this situation, but I'll throw this
idea/request out there and see what folks think.

A lot of what I use the API for is for WikiProjects.  As such, I'm often
getting a list of pages by looking for a project template, which is on the
talk page.  Then I have to turn that around and get the actual articles from
main-space.

So I was wondering about way to get the "switch" of a page id.  The two
possibilities I thought of are:

action=query&prop=info&inprop=talkid&pageids=15580374

action=query&prop=revisions&titles=Talk:Main%20Page&rvprop=mainid

Either one would take a page or set of pages and return either the talk page
id or the mainspace id.

Is this something that's doable?  Desired?  Thoughts?
--Ian

--
Ian Cabell
ian.cabell at gmail.com
http://www.radiantweb.net

"There is more than one right way .. to make it perfect!"