[Mediawiki-api] Overriding core modules in $wgAPIModules

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at home.nl
Sat Mar 1 23:38:21 UTC 2008

Bryan Tong Minh schreef:
> See <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgAPIModules>: "Extension
> modules cannot override the core modules." Why is that? As far as I
> understand extension modules can override special pages, so why not
> api modules? It would be particularly useful for extension
> LuceneSearch. This extension overrides Special:Search and its (not yet
> committed) api module should also override list=search.
>
> Bryan

Good one. I changed that line only minutes before you read it, as it
used to say overriding *was* possible (which it isn't in the current
implementation). I'll go and change this, although we should probably
stick a big fat warning on this kind of thing: we don't want extensions
to change a core API module's interface too drastically.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)