[Mediawiki-api] Partial content api calls.

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at home.nl
Tue Jan 29 14:54:45 UTC 2008

Roan Kattouw schreef:
> Tom Wright schreef:
>
>> Sorry - Insufficient reading on my part. This only seems to be able to
>> go down one level of depth (i.e one can't get subsections) - but this
>> is probably good enough for most purposes - particularly the one I had
>> in mind.
>>
>> Is there a way getting a list of the section names directly? I can't
>> seem to find a command in index.php, api.php or query.php.
>>

> Currently, there isn't. I'll see if I can add such a feature tomorrow
> (I'm in Europe and it's 22:45 right now).
This is sort of possible already:

api.php?action=parse&text={{:My_page}}__TOC__&prop=sections

However, this won't give the expected result when trying to get the
section tree of a template that has sections inside <noinclude> tags. In
that case, you should use: (not available on the live servers yet)

api.php?action=parse&page=Template:My_template&prop=sections

But that in turn has the drawback of not generating a section tree if
there are three sections or less, or if there's a __NOTOC__ somewhere.
In that (rare) case, you should probably accept that you're screwed.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)