[Mediawiki-api] Partnerships FAQ: question about subscribing to content

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:33:10 UTC 2008

I don't think it can be done. The RSS of the wiki is for general changes
only (Special:Recentchanges). You could query the category via the api,
as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=categorymembers&generator=categories&cmtitle=Category:Canada&format=xml
but a) The output format is not the one of RSS and b) the sorting won't
be the most appropiate.
However, i think it's a quite interesting option, so i'm CCing to the
mediawiki-api list for input about that.

Another option is to create an account and use the rss of your
watchlist. This gives you the maximum liberty about which articles to
include/exclude.

Once you have one of such feeds, you can see them with your preferred
news aggregator, include on a web using a custom system, a plugin...
Specifically, mediawiki has several extensions able to include content
from external RSS feeds:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:RSS_Extensions