[Maps-l] ptolemy performance

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Nov 24 20:34:24 UTC 2010

I'm sorry I hadn't had any time for these and many other things, but I
got a lot to do at and it will stay that way some weeks like that.

I disabled the tile expiry so that the server can catch up with the tile
queues. Our expiry plan was like that:

re-render z0-6 on the 1st of each month
expire z7-9 on the 1st of each month
expire z10 on the 8th and 22th of each month
expire z11 each sunday at 20 o' clock
expire z12 each sunday at 20 o' clock
expire z13-18 during the database import as the data changes

I disabled everything now. All of this can be managed in the crontab of
the osm project on ptolemy except the expire-on-change which is
controlled by a section in
  /home/project/o/s/m/osm/tools/diff-import/load-next
(look for "expiring tiles").

All these rules are just guesses and it seems they were not so good, so
if anyone has a better plan, please post it.

Peter