[Maps-l] ptolemy performance

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 19 12:10:29 UTC 2010

Hello,
if downtime would also effect the delivery of existing tiles, we could
close the map in german geohack for this time, because it's seems the
smallest lost for users and a lot of requests comes from there.

If downtime would only influence the rendering, a downtime over european night
seem no bigger problem for me. Mostly we rendering only dirty files
and have also fallback to OSM.org tiles.

I'm not sure what with the comparison with osm.org, because it's
difficult to compare the different renderd/tirex  statistics.

Greetings Kolossos