[Maps-l] Render Request

Wed Jun 23 05:22:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

I  put  a little work in my access map and created some new styles for
quality  assurance.  I  tried to keep it as simple as possible, so the
drawing scheme is down to six colours and two line types:
http://access.t-i.ch/qa-map.html

Each  of the different (most important) means of transport has its own
layer  in  which  *only*  explicit  acces-Keys  (e.g.  bicycle=*)  are
rendered.

The second map uses inheritance according to the following tree:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/3/3b/Access_hierarchy_simple.png

http://access.t-i.ch/qai-map.html

AFAIK  it's  the  first  map  to draw, what routing algorithms already
should  rely  on.  I belive that this map will increase the quality of
routing information in OSM and therefore enhance OSM a lot.

Unfortunately,  the result is 17 different styles, but they should not
change much in the future. (Hopefully, they don't change at all!) :)

The Styles for the first map are:
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-access.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-foot.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-horse.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-vehicle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-bicycle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-motor_vehicle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-motorcycle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-motorcar.xml
/home/ti/styles/qa/qa-hgv.xml

The styles for the second map are:
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-foot.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-horse.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-vehicle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-bicycle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-motor_vehicle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-motorcycle.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-motorcar.xml
/home/ti/styles/qai/qai-hgv.xml

@Peter:
I  have  deleted  the  old access.xml and bicycle.xml because they are
integrated  into this new structure. I don't know yet if there will be
other *_combined-styles; for the moment bicycle_combined is unchanged.

As   soon  as  the  styles  are  rendered,  I  will  post  it  on  the
international list.

Thanks again,
Thomas