[Maps-l] ptolemy renderd status

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Apr 29 16:23:48 UTC 2010

River Tarnell schrieb:

> Peter Körner:
>> Thank you very much! This is really cool! Does changing the conf require
>> any additional steps? (eg. reload)?
>
> You will need to reload renderd at least (there's instructions on the
> wiki page on how to restart it).  It might require a reload of mod_tile
> too, but I'm not certain about that... if you find new stylesheets don't
> show up in Apache, I can just add a way to let osm restart Apache.

Hi river, i just tried to add a very simple stylesheet, just to test how
all works. I tried /home/project/o/s/m/osm/data/mapnik/shape-names.xml

It's a very basic stylesheet, rendering only the shapefiled plus the
names on it. I edited renderd.conf and reloaded renderd but I can't
access the tiles: http://toolserver.org/tiles/shape-names/2/2/1

additionally, when i try to render from command line, i get an error
message:

osm at ptolemy:~$ $HOME/tools/render --style \
   /home/project/o/s/m/osm/data/mapnik/shape-names.xml

rendering bbox (-180, -85, 180, 85) in style
/home/project/o/s/m/osm/data/mapnik/shape-names.xml to file map which is
of type png in size 800x600

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/project/o/s/m/osm/tools/render", line 128, in <module>
     main()
   File "/home/project/o/s/m/osm/tools/render", line 81, in main
     mapnik.load_map(m, style)
UserWarning: Could not create datasource. No plugin found for type
'postgis' in layer 'placenames-large'
osm at ptolemy:~$

Can you help? Thank you!
Peter