[Maps-l] Concerning cassini.toolserver.org

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:34:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:26, Dmitry Granovsky
<dima.granovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Ævar!
>
> Some time ago you set up a server (http://cassini.toolserver.org)
> providing Mapnik tiles in a number of languages, which is really great
> for anyone dealing with name localization in OSM, like me. As far as I
> can see, it's been a long time since the last update. Therefore I was
> wondering if any further updates are planned. If you just don't have
> sufficient time, maybe you could hand the server management to someone
> else?

Maps-l is the best venue to discuss stuff like this. CCing it.

Those servers need a lot of love. People other than me have been doing
some work on it recently.

We're very interested in getting more people involved. Are you
interested in helping in any way?