[Maps-l] Dynamic POIs

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Sep 2 19:19:05 UTC 2009

Hello Jorge, nice work.
Something that I want to do since a long time.

Please come to toolserver:
https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Account_approval_process

There you would have connection to the daily updated geocoordinate
database from dispenser and connection to my database.
Also categories would be available so you could perhaps rendering
different icons for different types.
See:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Georeferenzierung/Wikipedia-World/en
The old types are there:
http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/wp-world/info-old.php
It would looks much better.
For international work we can try to use the Translatewiki.

For filtering you can use (like I) the page length of article or better
the view counts from the squids from
http://wikistics.falsikon.de/dumps.htm
This datas are also in a database on toolserver. But I didn't find time
until now to merge both datas.

Your way with the tiles seems to make it possible to handle the load of
a lots of queries. This is necessary
if we integrate maps into articles and allow it to show wikipedia labels
on this maps.

Greetings Kolossos