[Maps-l] Server installed, setup pending

Daniel Kinzler daniel.kinzler at wikimedia.de
Wed Jun 24 12:33:12 UTC 2009

> I was under the impression that replication was planned so that users
> on the osm-ts would have access to the DB without hammering the main
> DB (which would be there for production tools) with expensive queries.
>
> Or so I gathered from our talk on IRC on the toolserver channel, but
> may have misunderstood you.

There will definitly be no direct access to the main db. from what i gathered at
the dev meeting, the idea was to let people import the regions they were
interested in on the map TS. No replication, no full data, nothing.

But if replication isn't an issue space-wise, why not? It's sure cooler to have
the full planet data to play with, in real time.

-- daniel

--

Daniel Kinzler
Software Developer

Phone +49 30 219 158 260

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of
all knowledge. Help us achieve that!
http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der
Nummer 23855 Nz.
Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/681/51985.