[Maps-l] Moving wikimaps to MediaWiki svn

Philip Gillißen guerda at freenet.de
Wed Jun 17 06:04:08 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm new to this mailing list, but quite active in the OSM
community.

I read about a possible workshop about OSM, so I'm
interested in it.

> > We also might do a workshop on how OSM works and how
people can
 > contribute
 > > to OSM. I was thinking possibly it could be a
pre-conference
 > workshop, the
 > > day before, but not totally sure when it would be. If
we have
 > enough time
 > > for the workshop and can get/borrow some GPS units,
maybe we can go
 > collect
 > > some data and then show people how to upload and
process it, to get
 > into
 > > OSM.
 >
 > Yeah that's a great idea (which we've discussed before).
We could
 > probably get more contributors and the workshop format
is much more
 > open-ended and easier for everyone involved.

So what would this workshop be like? A wiki page
collection? A slideshow? Or would this be a "real" workshop
with "real" guys?

There are some good presentations on slideshare.net with
the topic OSM[1]