[Maps-l] Moving wikimaps to MediaWiki svn

Aude aude.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:48:15 UTC 2009

I'll be at Wikimania too, and suppose I'm responsible for helping organize
our talks into panel/session on OSM.  Ævar can talk about OSM specific
stuff, and Christian can talk about integratings POIs and other geodata
stuff from DBpedia.

I would talk about possibilities for integrating other thematic map types
(w/o full zoom/pan options and all the tiles), pulling in data from
http://www.data.gov and other such sources.  Custom map types might be
suited at first for the toolserver.

We also might do a workshop on how OSM works and how people can contribute
to OSM.  I was thinking possibly it could be a pre-conference workshop, the
day before, but not totally sure when it would be.  If we have enough time
for the workshop and can get/borrow some GPS units, maybe we can go collect
some data and then show people how to upload and process it, to get into
OSM.

-Aude