[Maps-l] Server installed, setup pending

Sven Anders sven at anders-hamburg.de
Sun Jun 14 12:16:45 UTC 2009

Am Tuesday 09 June 2009 07:40:41 schrieb Daniel Kinzler:

> Reading back a bit, it seems that Sven Anders was designated to be the
> admin for those boxes. But I expect it would be good if there was more than
> one OSM person with access to them. All people with Wikimedia shell/root
> access will be able to access the OSM production boxes too, but they
> probably won't except for emergencies.
>
> Sven, Please contact Mark and Brion about getting access.

I have just mailed Mark and Brion about getting access.

When Jochen ask me, to do this admin job, he said something about: "testing
system, to see what OSM/German Wikipedia intergration would go like". Now
its: "Production System  and International Project".

I'm a litte afraid about the job maintaining two productive machines for the
Wikipedia. So I would be very happy if there could be a team of 2-3 people
doing this together.

I'm sorry to tell you that I will not be on my computer in the next 3 weeks
(okay perhabs I will check mails, but not having time to set up a Postgis
System).

Sven