[Maps-l] Server installed, setup pending

Daniel Kinzler daniel.kinzler at wikimedia.de
Mon Jun 8 18:45:32 UTC 2009

Hi all

I'm pleased to tell you that the servers have been deliverd and installed into
the racks. They are awaiting some more setup which should be finished in a week
or two.

My question to you is: what shall we call them? Our naming sheme revolves mostly
about plants, often poisenous ones. The names used for the current Toolserver
boxes can be seen at <https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Servers>, names used by
the foundation can be seen at <http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/Server_roles>.

There's the OSM toolserver, the DB server and the tile cache to be named. We
need suggestions BY FRIDAY. Note that the ultimate decision about the name will
be made by the server admins, based on nothing but their vim :)

So... let us know your suggestions!

-- daniel

--

Daniel Kinzler
Software Developer

Phone +49 30 219 158 260

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of
all knowledge. Help us achieve that!
http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der
Nummer 23855 Nz.
Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/681/51985.