[Maps-l] re-rendering of language tilesets

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:01:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Rich<richlv at nakts.net> wrote:
> hi. you're probably swamped with various requests, so take your time with
> response :)
>
> i was very curious when i saw your work on localisted renders at
> http://cassini.toolserver.org/tile-browse/.
>
> it motivated me to add quite some data to osm across the worls for my
> language.
>
> are you planning to update these renders ? that would allow to see progress
> and increase interest in others as well.

(CC-ing maps-l)

(I'm currently at Wikimania 2009)

Yes, we're planning on keeping them up-to-the-minute eventually. The
system on cassini was/is just a prototype pending the setting up of
the real database/rendering/tile servers.

We've just got access to those servers and hopefully we'll set them up
properly with automatic updates soon. But I can't promise anything.
But hopefully we'll get it properly running in September.