[Maps-l] running tools on cassini / db / old-name

Aude aude.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 00:15:56 UTC 2009

On 8/13/09, Tim Alder <tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> the outdating is not so the problem for me because I only want to make
> my first steps in postgres on this way (I hope I find time).
> For regular updating we should wait for our db-server.
>
> But it would be nice if you can tell me how you contact the database, in
> which language your scripts are and where they are.
> So why doesn't http://cassini.toolserver.org/~kolossos/osm work (PHP) if
> it's fine on http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/osm ?
>
> Greetings Kolossos

I had time available today to look at how postgres is setup and found
that further configuration work is needed, including for how user
authentication is handled.  This means that whatever way Peter is
using will change.

We should set things so they work similar to how the toolserver
handles MySQL authentication with .my.cnf files.  The equivalent for
postgres are .pgpass files that reside in the user home directories.

Also, not everyone has an account yet.  If granted the right
privileges (don't need root access), then I can work on this in the
next few days.

-Aude