[Maps-l] [OSM-talk] Announcemen: Multilingual Country-List

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:08:35 UTC 2009

2009/8/13 Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:
> To get an overview over the status and make translating those countries
> more easy, I created a tool that can be found at
>
>   http://cassini.toolserver.org/~mazder/multilingual-country-list/
>
> I'd like to encourage everyone to spend some time making translated maps
> better. Comments welcome!

Montenegro is still missing from the list of countries, its node id is
445970763 and I only added it about two weeks ago because I noticed it
was missing when adding some tags to all the countries.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/445970763

The instructions at the top of the pages could also mention the
official_name:* tags - I don't know if these are approved in any way
but I found they were on some of the nodes and I thought it was a good
idea to propagate these too where the full name differs from the
normal name the country is known by (which could otherwise be placed
in loc_name, but it should probably be the one displayed by default)

Cheers